Gypsy Woman! The "If I Blog It" Debut
Dear Mr. Costner,
We here at "If I Blog It They Will Come" are not so different from you. We're not just persevering die hard Kevin Costner fans looking for a photo of you looking at our blog. We are aspiring filmmakers looking for a big break. This past weekend one of the principles here at "If I Blog It They Will Come" got together with the several friends and formed Team Geniot with the express purpose of participating in this year's 12 Hour NYC Film Race run by Filmracing.com. We had 12 hours to write, direct, edit, and score a short film. The catch was that at noon on Saturday we would be given a theme by the organizers, as well as a prop we had to use.
When the clock finally struck noon on Saturday, April 7th, 2007, an email came alerting us that our theme would be "a fortune" and the prop we had to use was an egg. Lo and behold 12 hours later we had our finished product.
Today, "If I Blog It They Will Come" presents Kevin Costner fanblog debut of Team Geniot's Gypsy Woman!. All that we ask of you Mr. Costner, is that upon viewing our 4 minute tour-de-force (like a mini Dances With Wolves) that you email us at djayek@yahoo.com to let us know what you really think and if you really like it (or really hate it) send us a photo of yourself looking at our blog.
We hope you enjoy it, but bear in mind we only had 12 hours to come up with the whole thing. We couldn't come up with a big budget or complex storylines like the one in Dragonfly or No Way Out. You of all people should know, movie making ain't easy.
Sincerely,
Your Filmmaking Peers at "If I Blog It They Will Come"
p.s. How awesome is the song at the end?





No comments:
Post a Comment