Thursday, February 15, 2007

Postman's Mailbag


You know, here at "If I Blog It They Will Come" we get letters. These letters contain positive reinforcment from well wishers for our cause as well as general inquiries from Kevin Costner fans from all over the world, that only Kevin Costner can provide the answers to. Actually, we're lying we don't get letters, they're emails and our inbox isn't exactly jam packed. We finally got our first reader email today. It comes from one David Summerfield. I'm not sure where he's from but in his email he writes:

"I am hoping that this e mail gets to the proper individual. (Mr. Costner).....I have a question that I have been wanting to ask. I heard a story that sometime ago, you were a skipper on the Jungle Cruise attraction at Disneyland. Could you please let me know if that is true? If so, when was it?? I was a former Skipper of the Disney Jungle myself, and I find it interesting and fascinating that I may have shared some of the same jungle water, and corny puns as you may have. Thank you for all that you do. You are a true inspiration to the minds and hearts of many. Keep up the great work, and I wish you and your family much happiness and fulfillment in all that life may bring you."

Thanks for the email David! We here at If I Blog It They Will Come" were unaware of Kevin's Disneyland connection. However, we have no way of getting this message to Kevin Costner but the least we can do is post it on the site and if we can eventually get him to look at it, perhaps he can answer your question personally. However, we need your help. Our movement is a grassroots one. Our personal rules we have set for our site are that we will not contact Mr. Costner directly, nor will we at "If I Blog It They Will Come" bother his publicists.

In order to eventually slay this Dragonfly, we're going to need the continual support of our readers. So if you're reading this site, tell a friend, heck tell ten and keep sending your letters of support and your Costner related inquiries to djayek@yahoo.com. We hope that word of our site grows from a whisper into a roar and that he will hear of our site from growing Hollywood buzz or fan buzz and be moved to check us out and send in a photo of himself looking at our site to djayek@yahoo.com. It's a simple request, but really that's all we ask.

Again, thank you for your support and if you're reading this Mr. Costner, David Summerfield has a question for you.

Sincerely,
The Folks at If I Blog It They Will Come

1 comment:

FlaFan said...

Hello.....I also have a blog, called Costner Cinema Chat, which is devoted to news and reviews of his films.

I wanted to answer your question: He was not a skipper at the Jungle Cruise in Disneyland; however, his first wife, Cindy, played Snow White there in the mid-70s.

Costner did work on a commercial fishing boat in Eureka, California in the mid-70s. There is a book by one of his college buddies, Dave Strege (outdoors columnist for the Orange County Register), called "Celebrity Fish Tales," in which Costner describes a harrowing time of it that's similar to one of his rough seas scenes in his latest, "The Guardian."

Count Up Timer 2.0 (Updated Version)